NOTICE OF RACE
2020 OKANAGAN WOMEN’S REGATTA
JULY 10, 11, 12, 2020
at WEST KELOWNA YACHT CLUB
4111 Gellatly Road
WEST KELOWNA, B.C.
Join us to Celebrate the 13th Annual Okanagan Women’s Regatta to be held at the West Kelowna Yacht Club located on beautiful Okanagan Lake.
- The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020, the Prescriptions of Canada and the Rules and Regulations of Class Associations.
- The regatta is open to all sailboats with keels, helmed and crewed by women. One male coach is allowed but may not physically assist.
- Requests for registration shall be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each competitor needs to register separately. The fees are paid at the registration desk during registration times, or by e-transfer at the above mentioned email address.
***Please make every effort to pay by e-transfer in advance.
- Each skipper must show proof of liability insurance to the amount of $2,000,000. An onboard cell phone number is also required. VHF radios are recommended.
- Depending on the number of entrants we hope to have 2 fleets:
PHRF fleet women only
PHRF fleet with one male coach on board
Scoring system for the PHRF fleet is PHRF – BC time on time. Boats should have a current BC Sailing PHRF Certificate, or a PHRF will be assigned by the race committee.
- Low point scoring system will be used, with one throw out for every 4 races completed.
- Printed sailing instructions and course sheets will be available by 3 pm on Friday July 10, 2020 at the registration desk.
- Fees: $80 per participant. Coaches do not pay the registration fee. The fee includes an embroidered hat or visor and full meal package. The full meal package will include continental breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday, Saturday night dinner and BBQ lunch on Sunday. Additional full meal packages can be purchased for $30 or $15 Sunday BBQ only.
- Schedule of Events:
Friday Registration 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Friday Pub night 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
WKYC is hosting their regular famous delicious pub night with food for purchase
Advance ordering is recommended, menu on request to email@example.com
Saturday Registration 7:30 to 8:30 am
Saturday Continental breakfast 7:30 to 9:00 am
Saturday Skipper’s meeting 9:00 am
Saturday First Warning Signal 10:00 am
Saturday Dinner 6:30 pm
Saturday McKinley Band! 7:00pm
Sunday Continental Breakfast 7:30 to 8:30 am
Sunday First Warning Signal 9:30 am
***no races shall start after 12:30***
Sunday BBQ on dock 2:00 pm approximately
Sunday Awards 2:30 pm approximately
Moorage will be by request only and must be done in advance please email Russ Jhonson at the WKYC firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information regarding registration or additional meal tickets email requests to address below.
Key cards available with a cash $20 deposit and will be available during registration times at the WKYC.
You are permitted to sleep in your boats at the WKYC marina. RV, Westfalia, car and trailer camping will be available in the parking lot at the West Kelowna Yacht Club, but space is limited, please email to request a space and parking pass to address below, or call Robin 250-864-1351