NOTICE OF RACE
2023 OKANAGAN WOMEN’S REGATTA
JULY 14 – 16, 2023
at WEST KELOWNA YACHT CLUB
4111 Gellatly Road
WEST KELOWNA, B.C.
Registration is Open:
Join us to Celebrate the 14th Annual Okanagan Women’s Regatta to be held at the West Kelowna Yacht Club located on beautiful Okanagan Lake.
1. The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2021-2024, the Prescriptions of Canada and the Rules and Regulations of Class Associations.
2. The regatta is open to all sailboats with keels, helmed and crewed by women. One male coach is allowed but may not physically assist.
3. Registration is available here (https://www.westkelownayachtclub.ca/owr). Each participant needs to register separately. The fees are paid via cash or cheque at the registration desk during registration times, or you may pay the WYKC by e-transfer: email@example.com.
4. Each skipper must show proof of $2,000,000 liability insurance. An onboard cell phone number is also required. VHF radios are recommended.
5. Depending on the number of entrants we hope to have 3 fleets:
- PHRF fleet women-only crew
- PHRF fleet with a coach on board
- PHRF nautical novice skipper and crew
The scoring system for the PHRF fleet is PHRF – BC time on time. Boats should have a current BC Sailing PHRF Certificate, or a PHRF will be assigned by the race committee.
6. Low point scoring system will be used, with one throw-out for every 4 races completed.
7. Printed sailing instructions and course sheets will be available by 5 pm on Friday, July 14, 2023, at the registration desk.
8. Fees: $80.00 per participant. Coaches do not pay the registration fee. The fee includes continental breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday, Saturday night music and buffet dinner. The Saturday entertainment and dinner are open to everyone including non-participants, music and dinner tickets will be $25.
9. Schedule of Events (subject to change):
- Friday Registration 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Friday BBQ burgers for $10. Live music 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm burger
- Saturday Registration 7:30 to 9:00 am
- Saturday Continental breakfast 7:30 to 9:30 am
- Saturday Skipper’s meeting 9:00 am
- Saturday First Warning Signal 10:00 am
- Saturday Catered buffet dinner 6:30 pm
- Saturday Home Stretch 7:00pm
- Sunday Continental Breakfast 7:30 to 9:00 am
- Sunday First Warning Signal 9:30 am
- Sunday BBQ burgers for $10
- Sunday Awards on dock 1:30 pm approximately
Moorage will be by request only and must be done in advance, as space is limited. Please refer to the link to the registration form above at item #3
For further information regarding additional Saturday night tickets email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tickets are $25.00 plus GST.
Access fobs for the club are available with a $25.00 cash deposit and will be available during registration times at the WKYC.
RV, Westfalia, car and trailer camping is available in the parking lot at West Kelowna Yacht Club but space is limited, please email you request to email@example.com.